What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
                    Brookhaven - South Haven BLOG
Note: Living people and people who may still be living have been "privatized." Only their name appears here.


 Documents


HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Start Slide Show   

» Show All     1 2 3 4 5 ... 327» Next»

Fire Place (Brookhaven) Methodist Episcopal Church

.. In 1870 the site was deeded to the Methodist congregation (and perhaps their original Fire Place Methodist church structure on South Country road moved to the site). In 1897 the church received extensive renovations and it was rededicated as a new church. In 1945 the building was deeded to the South Haven Presbyterian church following the merger of the Brookhaven Methodists with their sister church in Bellport. The Presbyterians used the structure as their principal meeting house until the old South Haven church building was moved to its present site in Brookhaven hamlet in 1961. In 1964, the old Methodist church building was sold to artist Phillip Read. In 1984, Read sold the property to the artist Malcolm Morley; while maintaining the essential character of the old church building, Morley made several additions to the structure.
This document is Brookhaven/South Haven Historic Sited Datasheet Br29C.



Owner/SourceJohn Deitz
File nameBuildingInventoryForm.aspx?InventoryCode=Br29C
File Size
ID953
Linked toLiving; Philip Standish Read, ^

» Show All     1 2 3 4 5 ... 327» Next»




The Hamlet People Database is maintained by John Deitz. Copyright 2011.
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Copyright © 2001-2011, created by Darrin Lythgoe, Sandy, Utah. All rights reserved.