(1939 description) "Former Ketcham private graveyard, on that part of the property formerly owned by Scudder Ketcham, later by Timothy Ketcham, now (1939) owned by Desmond Nelson [Brookhaven/South Haven Historic Site Br06A], and about where his garage stands [since removed], Fireplace. [Brookhaven Hamlet] The inscriptions on the old stones were copied on a monument placed in Cem. 28 [visit Woodlawn Cemetery for photographs of the replacement monument], Bellport. The stones were then removed and stored in a building near the road, on that part of the property now owned by Jacob Valentine [Brookhaven/South Haven Historic Site Br30B]. When the building later was used as a shop, they were thrown out and have since gradually disappeared."
Two of the original headstones recently have been rediscovered on the old Valentine property [Br30B]. They are face down and have not yet been read.
This site has Archeological Site Ref. ID BrBr06A.2-S and is #96 on the c. 1939 Town of Brookhaven Historian's cemetery Inventory.
This description revised 10 September 2008