Home Search Print Add Bookmark
Notes: (1939 description) The former Rose private graveyard on, or adjoining, the land now owned by the Brookhaven Library, on the north side of Beaver Dam Road, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. All the stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 21.
[It was actually on what is now the northeast corner of Beaver Dam Road and Library Lane; the site is now in private ownership.]
[Cemetery 21 is Oaklawn Cemetery. It appears as if the graves were relocated and headstones reset at Oaklawn Cemetery, Lot 068, approximately as they were originally arranged at this cemetery. Oaklawn cemetery records indicate that the lot was purchased by James H. Post. The cemetery records indicate the name of the old cemetery as "Swezey Cemetery," although local usage referred to it as the old Rose cemetery. There does not appear to have been any persons with a Swezey surname interred in the cemetery, or now interred in Lot 068 at the Oaklawn cemetery.]
The Hamlet People Database is maintained by
John Deitz. Copyright © 2011.