What's New | Photos | Histories | Sources | Reports | Cemeteries | Headstones | Statistics | Surnames
                    Brookhaven - South Haven BLOG
Note: Living people and people who may still be living have been "privatized." Only their name appears here.


Wiswall Drawings 

Wiswall Drawings

Ann Wiswall, a local artist, has done many pen and ink drawings of scenes in Brookhaven Hamlet, L.I., NY. All reproductions here are 2002 by Ann Wiswall and only may be reproduced or otherwise used with her permission

HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Matches 1 to 8 of 8     » Thumbnails Only    

   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
1
Newey/Tooker Boat Yard
Newey/Tooker Boat Yard
.. located on the Carman's River at Squassux.

More Information about the Tooker's Boat Yard

 
 
2
The Red Barn
The Red Barn
.. The barn was originally a part of the Burnett Farm, although this barn was constructed long after the Burnett House. It was destroyed by fire on 18 January 2010.

More Information about the Red Barn

 
 
3
Meadow Lane Barn
Meadow Lane Barn
.. on the Wellington/Puleston farm. 
 
4
Brookhaven Park
Brookhaven Park
.. also know as Fire Place park, this small park is at the intersection of South Country and Fire Place Neck roads, adjacent the the Memorial Triangle site. It was originally the site of a small trout pond on the Miller farm.

More Information about the Memorial Triangle and Fire Place park

 
 
5
The Old South Haven Presbyterian Church
The Old South Haven Presbyterian Church
.. this was the first parish organized "at South," e.g., in the sourthern part of the Town of Brookhaven. Originally sited in the hamlet of South Haven, this 1828 building (the third meeting house), was moved to Brookhaven Hamlet in December, 1961.

More Information about the South Haven Presbyterian Church

 
 
6
St. James Episcopal Church
St. James Episcopal Church
.. this congregation was organized about 1870, and this building erected in 1874. A new steeple was added in 1961. Of interest in this drawing is the ancient oak tree in front of the church; this tree became diseased and had to be cut down in 1995. Therefore the drawing likely was completed prior that date.

More Information about the St. James Episcopal Church

 
 
7
'1740' House
"1740" House
.. now known as the Swezey/De Hond house, it is probably the oldest house still standing in Brookhaven hamlet.

More Information about the Swezey/Dehond House

 
 
8
Br29B.  Rose House
Br29B. Rose House
..this house was built by John Rose in the early years of the 19th century. It continued to be occupied by members of the Rose family into the 20th century.

More Information see document ID Br29B.

Sketch is by Ann Wiswall

 
 

Linked to Ann Reed Swartz, ^

The Hamlet People Database is maintained by John Deitz. Copyright 2011.
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Copyright © 2001-2011, created by Darrin Lythgoe, Sandy, Utah. All rights reserved.